LISINI PUB COMPANY
Spanning over 50 years in hospitality, we are a multi faceted pub company boasting 3 hotels, award winning restaurants, stunning wedding venues, community bars and a 9 hole golf course. Lisini has a reputation within Lanarkshire for delivering outstanding customer service, award winning, and stunning food in both the restaurant and in banqueting. Key to what we do is food. We strive to be the best and with awards to prove it, we aim to stay on top. Your journey starts here. We will reward you, invest in you and above all, provide you with an excellent work/life balance.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To be responsible for the development and implementation of the Lisini food strategy working alongside General Managers and Head Chefs to ensure commitment and ownership of all initiatives and the delivery of key financial targets.
• Food Safety & Management• Management & Leadership • Sales Maximisation and Profitability
• Planning and Organisation • Recruitment, Training and Standards • Communication
RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK TASKS
• To assist the units & group to exceed the budgeted food GP % target
• To support units & group to achieve the budgeted kitchen wage % target
• Training, Development and Brand Standards
• To assist in the retention and development of kitchen teams by planning the delivery of a kitchen development programme to help support strong succession culture
• To identify the potential within each kitchen brigade from a group perspective through regular on-site visits and briefings
• To ensure that all plant/machinery is fit for purpose and teams know how to use it
• To ensure the consistent delivery of food brand standards across all units
• To ensure that all kitchen based staff are aware of, fully conversant with and comply with Lisini’s Health and Safety, Food Safety & Hygiene Policies and that all units meet their Kitchen compliance audit targets
Sales Maximisation and Profitability
• To ensure that only high quality ingredients are purchased and used within the catering functions in order to maximise sales of food
• To take responsibility for the annual negotiation of all food supplies across the group
• Control of Procure process and food costs
• To ensure any supplier changes which are made in line with business needs are communicated to head chefs and discussed and agreed.
Recruitment & Selection
• To work along-side HR to agree the on-going kitchen recruitment for all units
• To ensure hotels are working with their local catering colleges and schools to develop strong links
• To ensure that all new kitchen staff are inducted within the units including flow.
• To define and implement the kitchen management processes, to include the buying principles, the working procedures, the kitchen etiquette and how to deliver within budget expectations
• Undertake a kitchen management review at each site
• To work closely with the Head Chefs in each unit to support the delivery of the agreed action plan
• To oversee the delivery of the individual plans and report on their progress to the senior management team
• In exceptional circumstances actively and practically support individual units for a limited period of time, including taking over the role of Head Chef
• To manage and ensure compliance with all processes within the catering function including compliance with Cook Safe and EHO standards.
• To liaise with HR to ensure all existing and new staff is given appropriate uniforms.
• To ensure that all ingredients purchased are of a satisfactory quality.
• To provide feedback on quality, where appropriate, to suppliers, management and team members.
• To ensure all kitchen deliveries are being carried out correctly, weighed and processes followed.
• To ensure all quality control measures such as budgets, cost controls, audits etc. are being carried out effectively.
• To assist the procurement function in the selection and management of key food suppliers
• In conjunction with the General Managers/Head Chefs, review on an ongoing basis how operational performance and ultimate profitability of each business may be enhanced through further investment in our product or equipment.
Menu Content and Menu Performance
• To be the central support for sign off of menu content & profitability
• To provide advice on menu sales performance at individual units
• To share best practice in menu content by market segment
• To provide input to the procurement function of crockery and other catering equipment
TO APPLY – Please send your CV to Helen.ONeill@lisini.co.uk