REPORTS TO: Parkville Hotel General Manager
SALARY: Hourly pay (over 18s)
HOURS: 3 out of 7 days (22 hours)
LISINI PUB COMPANY
Spanning over 50 years in hospitality, we are a multi faceted pub company boasting 3 hotels, award winning restaurants, stunning wedding venues, community bars and a 9 hole golf course. Lisini has a reputation within Lanarkshire for delivering outstanding customer service, award winning, and stunning food in both the restaurant and in banqueting. Key to what we do is food. We strive to be the best and with awards to prove it, we aim to stay on top. Your journey starts here. We will reward you, invest in you and above all, provide you with an excellent work/life balance.
To assist in the supervision of all operational aspects of the business whilst on duty, leading to the achievement of maximum sales performance and profit and to achieve optimum levels of customer service.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK TASKS
Financial Performance & Profit/Loss Control
• To effectively control beverage stocks through tight monitoring and controls, and to ensure consistent rotation of stock is maintained and communicate order requirements to General Manager.
• To ensure cash handling and banking procedures are adhered to throughout the shift.
• To ensure accurate recording and reconciliation of discounts to include customer discounts/complimentary food and drink/staff drinks/wastage.
• Promote sales awareness & encourage managers and team members to maximise sales opportunities
• To identify any areas of opportunity for increasing business turnover
• Work with the General Managers & sales team on internal and external marketing initiatives
Health & Safety
• Address any hazards & follow up maintenance requirements
• Comply with legal & company requirements for fire, H&S, hygiene, licensing, and ensure team members similarly comply
Training & Recruitment
• To continually provide training to develop a high performing team to meet the current and future challenges of the business
• Support managers with the recruitment & planning of the labour resource in line with budget and business needs encompassing rotas and forecasting
• To organise Flow Training log in details for new starters with the HR department
• To complete all new starter paperwork
• To feedback to the General Manager any training needs you identify
People & Organisation
• To work as a Team Leader, overseeing, delegating, supervising and instructing staff on a daily basis, ensuring consistency of service delivery and presentation.
• To understand and encompass all staffing issues, including rotas, disciplinary procedures and training.
• To keep HR up-to-date with any staff issues.
• To monitor staff requirement daily and to control your pool of staff by organising your own and their workload.
• To ensure staff clock in/out for all breaks.
• To ensure that staff work to the required standard, consulting with GM should that not be the case.
• To ensure that the business offer a hospitable atmosphere through cleanliness, lighting, music and warmth.
• To ensure you maintain visible presence at all times whilst on duty.
• Delivering a service culture which delivers outstanding customer service through all aspects of the business.
• To respond to customer queries and complaints in a timely manner.
• Carry out all requests as business need dictates, by a member of the senior management team.